Monday, May 22, 2006

The New 'Shiosai'


On the way back from Chiba this afternoon I caught a later train than usual and we had a 'meet' with the Tokyo-bound 'Shiosai' at Minami-Shisui.

'Regulars' on this line know all the 'meets' and head out onto the platform with lit cigarettes while their train is held 'in the hole' for passing 'varnish' as they would refer to it in America. Me, I head for the end of the platform with my camera ...

A few days ago I posted a picture of the old 183 Class express, but here is the kind of train that we've had on the line since last December - the 255 Class Boso Express Units.

These trains are completely state of the art in terms of electronics and they do from 0 - 60 in about ten seconds but they will never quite have the charm of their predecessors to me. It's a sign of old age I know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home