Monday, December 04, 2006

Monorail 'car barn'



My studies today took me into a part of Chiba that I've meant to visit for a while. Down a small valley near the zoo there's a short branch of the city monorail system. The track leads to the car barn and maintenance depot.

As you can see the cars are docked on two levels with three reception tracks on each. Trains on the lower level are berthed just a couple of feet above the ground.

In the time I've been studying Chiba I've come to really like this extensive monorail system, which is soon to be extended for a further mile. It is a great way to get around the north side of town and fast too - if you haven't had a ride on a monorail yet find one soon!

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Eddie said...

Hi Iain.
How are You doing friend?
Monorails are nice...But I think its time for a new posting when You are able. (no rush.)

My site Eddie's Railfan Page has expanded! I now am a member of Yahoo Groups. com.
You can view My 2nd version of My railfan page by clicking on the link on the upper right side corner
of the "Links" section.

I hope to hear from You soon, and see some more of Your wonderful International Railroad photos.

I hope Your Holidays were Fabulous.
Happy Gricing in 2007 buddy.

Thank You.
Eddie.

http://eddiesrailroad.blogspot.com

 
At 1:00 PM, February 25, 2007, Blogger Eddie said...

Hello?
Iain? are You home?
Better yet, has railway roundabout.com gone "Defunct" much like the Chicago ,Rock Island & Pacific did back in 1980?

Some of My railfan buddies think that You may have met up with some unfortunate situation along the line that was out of Your control.

We miss Your railfan blog site.

Please let us know if You are alright. OK chum?

Thank You.
Eddie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home