Friday, October 27, 2006

One car less


Getting back to Japan a couple of weeks ago I discovered that changes are being made in our local service on the Sobu Line ...

The 1970's vintage 113 class (left) have been partly replaced by 211 Class (right)and it's causing a lot of trouble too.

The 113's are coupled in sets of four, six and eight cars. The four and eight car versions are still running but the six car sets, which are maybe 50% of the trains during the day, have been replaced by second-hand five car 211 sets which I think have been sent over from Saitama Prefecture to the north of Tokyo.

Hopeless. This means a one coach reduction on many busy trains and commuters are getting restless! Watch this space for further developments

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Eddie said...

I actually like both of these trains. I enjoy both color schemes. Although I am partial to the old color scheme to the left, the modern example and paint scheme to the right is very nice.
I hope the beautiful older example to the left makes it to Museum preservation or excursion service.

Thank You.
Eddie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home