Friday, August 25, 2006

A few more MAGLEV photos


I'm feeling lazy today so I thought I'd post three more of my photographs from my trip to Yamanashi yesterday. This first one is of the 'airport-like' access to MAGLEV trains. I can't see this ever catching on with gricers eh? No draughty acres of concrete platform to sit and eat your cheese and onion sandwiches on here ...


And here's the back 'slow end' of the test train - the end first designed for 350 km/h running. So when the train is running west to east that is still the maximum test speed. Just heading out over the points onto the main line ...


And finally here's another shot of an east to west 500 km/h run. It's across this valley in about five seconds, so you can see why I say it's like trying to photograph fighter aircraft. This has to be one of the worlds great train photographing vantage points though.

Back to normal speed tomorrow - on the Fuji line ...

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Eddie said...

As they would say on the American Television Show -Star trek.

Captain Kirk:
Bridge to engine room, warp factor twelve!

Scotty:
I can't give yea much more captain!
Any more she blows!

Ha ha! I can't help it. I have been a Sci Fi "Trekie" about as long as I have been a Railfan or Gricer. Live long and prosper.

Thank You.
Eddie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home