Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mytsery Grice


A mystery grice today. I was in Tsudanuma and walked down the stairs to the platforms and there was this train waiting 'in the hole' in Platform 2 hauled by a Bo-Bo diesel switcher. Unfortunately and as these things always turn out it got a clear road about 15 seconds after I got there so it was off before I could get some good photos.

What is it I wonder? There were three coaches in the set and 0ne was numbered 'ki-ya 192-1' and had a logo that read 'East-i D'.

My guess is that it is a new test train for checking the permanent way quality and the alignment of the catenary. It was absolutely packed out with high-tech electronic gear. A while back there was an article in 'Tetsudo-fan' about the latest shinkansen unit for testing the track - yes, they have a dedicated five car train. It was a similar livery and I think called 'East-i'. So I guess this is the 1070mm gauge counterpart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home